Monday, December 9, 2019

I Can't Believe It's Already December?

I always ask myself this, and I don't like that I ask myself this -- am I a hundred-year-old lady reminiscing on my last 100 years of life? but -- where did the time go?

Not sure why I am awake at 2:53am PST on a Monday morning, but perhaps it has something to do with still being jetlagged since returning from Japan (maybe the jetlag has a lot to do with these sleepless nights, actually). So, since I haven't logged in for a while, here I am! at 2:53am on a Monday morning! Monday!

And I came here to tell myself that, "I am going to do it."

I am going to write a book.

I've been wanting to write a children's book for 5 (6? 7?) years now, but for various reasons, I just can never complete a single story.

But this time I'm telling myself, "Screw it and just do it."

Will it be a well thought out story?

No. In my brain there are so many ideas... and in front of me, there will be so many pages to write, so many pages to make mistakes, and so many more pages to start over and write again. 

Will people enjoy it?

Maybe? Idk. I hope so. I need to understand that I won't be able to please everyone... but hopefully, I can please enough people to like it. So that one day, I can pay the bills with it. It's not my main priority for the writing of course, but I cannot deny it, it'll be nice. 

Can I potentially fail?

Absolutely. The only thing I'm sure of about this is that I will most definitely, 100%, no doubt about it, fail. The first few drafts will suck, but they'll get better.

Do I even know where to begin?

Not. A. Clue. At the moment anyway. But Google seems like a great place to start.

:)

Anyway, I was more excited about this 10 minutes ago. Someone just placed a ton of bricks on my eyelids and now, I'm feeling real sleepy.

So, goodnight internet.


1 comment:

Quote

"Cheese, it's milk that you chew. Crackers, because your cheese needs a buddy. A grape, because who can get a watermelon in their mouth? The phone, bringing you closer to people...who have phones! Bagels and doughnuts, round food for every mood. Pants, like shorts, but longer. " -Chandler Bing